Uk electoral thingy

Dave S EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 5 07:23:29 CEST 2007

On Friday 05 October 2007, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> .. because they've been there, done that.  And maybe they will again.

No, the next place it will happen in Europe is the UK.  We've got a virtually
openly fascist press baying for it every day with no consequences to
themselves.

Sure, they're not quite the majority - and maybe should the population at
large (those who don't support them) become aware of just how fascist this
country is really becoming, maybe we'll see some popular resistance to it.
But I'm not holding my breath - there are too many distractions and plenty of
carrots (with accompanying sticks) available for those prepared to look the
other way.

We're going to need a fucking miracle to avoid it - whoever is "in
government", it's not going to make a damn bit of difference, because the
government aren't the ones in charge.

I don't think it's going to happen in quite the same way as in Nazi Germany,
but I'm sorry to say I think we loom ever closer to it by the day.

Sorry that's an incredibly dark thought - I'd love to be persuaded otherwise,
because the idea scares the living shit out of me to be quite honest.  :-(

I have met a lot of amazing people who go far the opposite way and always fill
me with hope for the future, but they are not in the majority, or the ones
with the loudest voices.  (I count you guys as some of them, though.)

** ON A LIGHTER NOTE... **

Something very exciting (actually, somewhat off the scale) is about to happen
in the next couple of hours... watch this space, this is not a drill, this is
for real!  (Seriously!)

No, you are not going to believe what it is - in fact, it's probably going to
make your day, oh unsuspecting Music Bar friends!  :-)

Are you curious yet?  Get thinking!  But I won't make you wait long, because I
can't wait long either!  ;-)

~Dave