Uk electoral thingy

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 4 20:08:24 CEST 2007

Dave S schreef:

> On Thursday 04 October 2007, Martin Naef wrote:
>> It's one further effect of Britain not having a single register for all
>> its inhabitants, but a collection of databases spread all over the
>> various government organisations. In short, it's a mess.
>
> Better a government in disarray than an organised one that knows too much!
> The less they know about me, and the more uncertainties involved, the better.

Well... (dead horse... I know) most countries in continental Europe have
a central registry for their citizens and compulsory identification
(even the Netherlands now, despite 60 years of resistance against it
because of the war) and yet, they haven't turned into fascist states.
Just an observation, and the last thing I will say about the subject.

> Gah... did I just post on a political thread?  I'll make up for it soon... I
> promise!  (Really!)  ;-)  ;-)

Yeah, right! I'd send the police after you, if only I knew where you
live. ;)

- Peter