Uk electoral thingy

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 3 20:17:26 CEST 2007

Peter Korsten wrote:
> This whole business of having to register to vote must be something
> British (and, by extension, American). In the Netherlands, being over 18
> ensures you get those voting documents every time there's an election.
> Even in Malta, I got them automatically after I became a resident.

Yes. Similar. I can vote, but I should send in a form with my household
member details on it first.

Part of it is being on the electoral roll which is a government database
and they go and sell it off to business and let any old Tom etc. get
their paws on it. To make things worse, companies are now advertising
and selling access as a service (not a one off payment) to this
supposedly freely available register.

Just how long till this data converges to DNA, rather too much personal
info, retina scans and fingerprints so guv'mints and corps across the
globe can chose to harass or exclude you based on whatever they feel
like at the time...

Oh well. Stuff it.
I'll just carry on ignoring any mail from them.
It's a top vow in my religion ;)