Uk electoral thingy

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 3 13:59:16 CEST 2007

The roll, that is.

For about a decade, I just rip these up every year along with the other
junk mail. Disenfranchised is not the word, heh. It says nearly
everywhere under google that this is illegal and that I won't be able to
get credit or open bank accounts etc., but that seems like a very fat
lie so far. I'd be willing to bet millions of others do the same.

Many people I know of had decent enough parents that they did not put
them on the roll way back in the times of the poll tax and they have
managed to completely avoid having to pay any of it, even to this day
(since those times, the poll taxes unpaid were dumped onto your council
taxes, but only if you were registered to vote in a particular time frame).

I could NOT find any actual law stating X will happen to you if you do
not register as a voting citizen to have your details open to any
trickster, fraudster or annoying business (inc. government) in the roll
of electors. I presume it is just a hollow threat from 'tards that could
not be enforced.

Anyone know for sure?
Just curious ;)