C++ sucks

perry7 at mac.com EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Nov 28 11:46:00 CET 2007

peter korsten wrote:

> Java doesn't stop one from writing crap code. It's just that the
> application doesn't blow up in quite such a spectacular fashion as it
> does with C/C++. :)

yep, before i started my (c++) project i found the language scary but
after i read the book 'writing solid code' by steve mcguire (ms
programmer)
i dared to start off, and i managed to keep the code running and make
money from it, so basically for me c++/apple does the job

about memory management: my program keeps track of every piece of mem
allocated
and releases every bit by itself before quitting and if the counter
does not
return to zero, it prints an error

this does not mean ofcourse we never experience memory problems, but the
difference here is that we are able to determine what process or
function
causes the mem consumption, we can print out lists of allocated mem
should we want (user names of the people who ran the jobs, included)

in the past this meant that we were always able to locate the problem
and solve it

only last week i discovered the power of regular expressions btw!
this enables
a lot more ways to modify the (c++) code...oh man i just looooooove
my tools
nowadays

but something tells me that i will be writing java some day, looking
forward to
that time :-)

> - Peter

met vriendelijke groeten