God, it's Great to be on Wintel Sometimes

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Nov 27 17:09:23 CET 2007

> Free, as in freedom... not only to download, but to recode.
>
> Tony (HB)

You know, after using linux for a while (and loving it) Ive come to
the conclusion that it is not, in fact, free.  There is an opportunity
cost to using it in the areas of support, the choices of applications
available, and the choices of hardware you can use with it.

For example, My sound card doesnt work on linux.  For various reasons,
I really like that particular sound card.  using linux as my daw = not
using the soundcard of my choice.

Also, I have found that linux apps fall into one of two catagories:
excellent and attrocious.  It seems that once a dominant player comes
around, support for all the other projects disappears.

Tony