Reverb options

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 23 22:07:15 CET 2007

Hey all.

Im really starting to have a bit of a selling session as I have far more
gear that I never use than gear that I do..

Next thing for sale is my Lexicon MPX1. Why? Because I only ever apply
reverb inside my DAW (Live). I have in the past routed back out to the MPX1
then back in but too much hassle.  So, this obviously leaves a reverb hole.

1)       a dog's nads VST pluggin

2)       some DSP card such as
http://www.uaudio.com/products/uad-dsp_menu.html

3)       the next Lexicon MX500 with streaming 4 channels of audio
http://www.lexiconpro.com/ProductIndex.aspx?ProductID=146

Not really keen on a VST as too disposable although very convenient for what
Im looking for.

Kinda reluctant to get a UAD card as I already have the awesome Liquid Mix
(Compression and EQ only). So, I would basically be buying the UAD just for
reverb when I believe its strengths are in the Comp/EQs

The Lexicon looks ACE!  Maybe there will be some latency issue but I only
add reverb during mixing so not really that bothered.  I like the idea of it
being physical and, unlike the DSP/VST options, it can not become obsolete.
Its not out just yet and its looking like its going to be either $500 inside
the US or $900 outside the US (Fuck sake!!)

Any thoughts?  Anyone else hot for some MX500 lovin'?

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk

www.punkdisco.co.uk/Music/Wot.mp3 - New annoying track