Editing mp3 IDtags

Cyrille.Damez at laposte.net EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 16 00:04:45 CET 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007 16:38:45 Andy Tarpinian wrote:
> So say I have a bunch of mp3 files, and I want to select all of them
> and assign them all as the same album. Is there a little program that
> exists for mac that will let me edit multiple files at the same time?
> I want to do this before putting them into iTunes.

On linux, there's a very convenient command line app named id3tag that can be
used to retag multiple files easily. Maybe you can get it compiled for Darwin
as it doesn't use any kind of gui.
Mmmh, apparently, there's another one named id3v2 that you can get through
DarwinPorts:

http://id3v2.sourceforge.net/
http://darwinports.com/