What Linux distro do you currently recommend?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Nov 15 00:43:55 CET 2007

Tony Scharf schreef:

> Wireless in ubuntu works fine, and I believe is configurable in the
> installer now.   It was certainly there 3 or 4 releases ago, and I
> cant imagine its gone.

It had problems with the wireless in my Dell D620 notebook, a couple of
months ago. I had to keep switching it off and on, with the switch on
the side, and in the end it didn't recognise it anyway. The difference
with Solaris was that the latter is blue, and Ubuntu was orange.

Since neither (at least, at the time for Ubuntu, and still not for
Solaris) properly support the graphics chip, I haven't really bothered
since.

But perhaps I should have a look again. Is the wireless support limited
to certain chipsets?

- Peter