catastrophic failure

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Nov 8 14:56:26 CET 2007

About a week ago, I dropped the USB hard drive that I use to backup my
main audio system down a flight of stairs.  It was toasted.

I dont like *not* having a recent backup so yesterday I bought a new
one.  I booted into knoppix to format it ext3 and make a disk image of
the main system drive and to do an rsync of the data drive.

just a tip: when using fdisk, the difference between sda1 and sdb1 is
pretty significant.  I have no idea why, but with my old drive, it
always showed up as sda1, but for some reason that was different this
time.  I partitiond and then proceeded to format my entire data drive.
  And I have no backup I can locate (I may have some DVD backups in a
box somewhere that are at least 2 years old).

So...its gone.  everything.  everything Id been working on. the
remixes I was working on..some vocal tracks...recorded noodles of the
cwejman I had gathered and about 20 gb of samples I was working on to
add to the ampfea sample library.

I dont even really know how to react at this point.  I feel like i
have been hit by a train.

Tony