Semi-annual Depeche Mode Cover: Things You Said

Kim Johnsson EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Dec 30 22:59:49 CET 2007

g.vansanten at chello.nl wrote:

> As always - excellent job! Nice to hear it with a (beautiful)
 > female voice, although I do prefer male vocals with DM type
 > tracks, but that's probably just because I'm used to it.

I've recently bought "lots" of female vocal stuff, and I quite enjoy the
change, as on most of my CD's there's always a dude singing (Bj?rk and
Kate being the notable exceptions). Currently listening to Sarah Nixey,
and one of my fave albums I've bought this year is Charlotte
Gainsbourg's 5:55 (produced by Air). Pleasant stuff.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

<dramatic pause>   </dramatic pause>

Actually, I know I am. Turned 40 today. Old fart. So in 24 hours and 2
minutes I can say "Next year I'll be 42". That'll confuse people.

> I don't know all DM songs, but I think it's very impressive
> how you make your instrumentation sound so much like DM with every
 > DM track you do.
 > Great job!

Thanks, Gert! I can always count on you :-)

While I'm at it, Happy New Year, everyone! For the record, the current
year has been quite hectic, as will the next couple of months. In short,
it involves having kids and water damages (unrelated, those), selling
and buying houses in suboptimal circumstances, renovating both old and
new house, and soon moving into what best could be described as "ruins",
or, as most of my music, "work in progress", at best. Fun, though.

Lots of commas there.

Cheers,

	Kim