pad controllers for use with Live 7

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 29 04:43:22 CET 2007

> what do you mean? that you have to tell every new song which notes
> they are to assign them to a track/note?
>
> I'm not sure others (M-Audio, Akai, Korg) work differently?
>

>From the demos I saw, I was lead to beleive that you could set it up
so that whichever 16 pads you currently had visible would *always* be
assigned to the 16 pads.  in this way, you didnt have to always put
the sounds on the same exact pads, because it used a link between the
controller and the current selection rather than note number to assign
the pads.

if you watch the ableton live 7 demo video, you will see what I am getting at:

http://www.ableton.com/live-7-whats-new

(scroll down to see the flash video)

Tony