Holy Screen Space...

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 22 09:56:46 CET 2007

> Interesting - I'd never consider more screen real estate a hindrance.

Well the thing is, the 30" display is huge, and you have to sit back
a bit further from it than you normally would to avoid having your
neck muscles do the lateral dance every 10 seconds or so ..

> screen. At work, I'm using a 24" wide screen and another 19" - and
> yes,
> I'd take more any day. I *always* have several applications open at
> any
> time, and switching between them feels a lot more natural when they
> stay
> put on the screen and not disappear behind another window.

me too, its good to have as much open as possible and not bother with
waiting for it to startup, etc.

> At home, I'm at 20" with 1600x1200 resolution, and there's no way
> I'd go
> any lower than that.

i used to thing 1024x768 was huge, but now i realize that you can use
whatever pixels you get, off into forever ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan