Holy Screen Space...

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Dec 21 23:44:24 CET 2007

Peter Korsten wrote:
> At work, we all got flat screens a few weeks ago, and us developers
> got 22" wide-screen ones. It's a good size for development, but much
> bigger than that would actually be a hindrance, I think, because
> you're only looking at a relatively small bit anyway. Obviously, if
> you have dozens of things going on at the same time, you'll need that
> screen size.

Interesting - I'd never consider more screen real estate a hindrance.
Certainly not until we get to the range beyond a meter width or so when
it might become difficult for the eyes to focus on any part of the
screen. At work, I'm using a 24" wide screen and another 19" - and yes,
I'd take more any day. I *always* have several applications open at any
time, and switching between them feels a lot more natural when they stay
put on the screen and not disappear behind another window.

At home, I'm at 20" with 1600x1200 resolution, and there's no way I'd go
any lower than that.

Bye
Martin