New computer woes

Gorman, Declan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Dec 19 12:22:14 CET 2007

It seems that the boot sequence in the bios was changed and affected the boot loader and re-arranging the sequence fixed the problem. Happy days!

Just for those interested, I got myself an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz, 4GB ram (3GB recognise by both OS) 2 x 500GB HDD dual boot computer.  Windows XP Pro for audio and Vista Ultimate for games, internet etc.  One interesting I noticed is that I get better latency from the onboard sound than I do with my M-Audio fiewire audiophile.

Declan.

________________________________

From: shelter-bounces at lists.music-bar.org on behalf of Gorman, Declan
Sent: Wed 19/12/2007 11:36
To: shelter at lists.music-bar.org
Subject: RE: New computer woes

Hi Tony,
  I was copy my samples and Ableton project files to a data partition on one of my new drives so I'm pretty certain that I did not over write any system files.  I have it set up as a dual boot with XP and Vista so I reckon the boot loader has becdome corrupt.  I don't undertsand how or why but I will continue to work at it.

Declan.