New computer woes

Gorman, Declan EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 18 23:42:44 CET 2007

The exact characters are not being displayed on the email as they are from the Arial font character map.

________________________________

From: shelter-bounces at lists.music-bar.org on behalf of Gorman, Declan
Sent: Tue 18/12/2007 23:40
To: shelter at lists.music-bar.org
Subject: New computer woes

I have encountered a very strange problem with my new computer,  I was happily working away copying apps and data from my back up disks and after a restart I now find myself unable to load windows.  I get past the bios and am then presented with the following list of characters and startup goes no further, ?B??$?B??$

Does anybody know what they might mean or where I should be looking for help when google returns nothing?

Declan.