xBase 888

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 15 19:08:32 CET 2007

> I'm sure you know a lot more about synth
> pricing than I do, and it would be cool
> when synths would cost only 200 dollar.
> But I could see how a small company
> would have to ask more money for their
> products than, say, Yamaha or Korg. And
> even they don't sell synths for 200 bucks.

Yeah but the difference between Yamaha and one of these so-called
'smaller' companies is highly negligible.  Sure, Yamaha have more
financing available, and a broader selection of partners that won't
gouge them, but this doesn't justify 500% profit margins, imho.

Long live the DIY crowd, anyway.  Yes, the 999 and now 888 are lovely
bits of kit, but rock wasn't born in a factory, and it won't die
there either.

;
--
Jay Vaughan