Announcing...

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Dec 12 00:10:03 CET 2007

Hi Peter

Peter Korsten wrote:
> One wonders, what nationality or nationalities does the child have? With
> a Swiss father, a Hungarian mother and being born in Scotland, that's an
> interesting question. :)

I haven't checked that one out yet. He will definitely receive both
Swiss and Hungarian citizenship. I'm not sure about the British yet -
but honestly, I don't care... ;-)

>> We are very much looking forward to what's coming over next couple of years!
> That's because you haven't been there yet. ;)

Well, everybody tells me that while it's a lot of hard work, it's also
worth it. I tend to believe them...

>> And no, despite having been taught by Niklaus Wirth in person, I did not
>> think of PASCAL as a programming language when we choose the name. I did
>> think of the physicist and mathematician, though...
>
> Oh, dude, I feel for you. That must have left some damage... :)

Being taught by Wirth? Well, it wasn't that bad - we had worse profs. It
was more "fun" to experience him during the department's committee
visits where I happened to be a student and later staff
representative... We used to call these meetings the "kindergarten
committee".

>> As for getting any sleep over the next couple of years: Well, I'm an
>> academic who tends to travel once in a while. So I guess I will get a
>> night of undisturbed sleep over the next year. ;-)
>
> Ah yes, the innocence of youth... :)

No, just counting the nights spent in hotels without any family within a
couple thousand miles radius. Nobody said anything about sleeping at home...

> In fact, it will get better and better and better.

I am very much looking forward to taking him to the local science
centres and teaching him how to build radio controlled model boats... As
for changing nappies at 3am, I guess I will get used to it... ;-)

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch