Macbook Logic 8 to replace XP Sonar6

Romain Gros EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 8 11:38:50 CET 2007

Hi kay ,
First, thank you to answer me :)
well as you said logic 8 is quite cheap :-P
I think if I buy it, I will go for the pro version...
I don't make any surround music normally ( i tried a bit  before tho) but I
know that later i will ...
"I think the major differences are the plugins, especially the Space
and Delay designers. Those are absolutely excellent, and if you
compare the price of Audio Ease's Altiverb to Logic Pro (I hope you
realized that Logic Pro 8 is only 500EUR these days?), you will find
that Logic is actually quite a steal"

  You said "excellent" ... :P :)

well  i will let you know soon I guess :)

Cheers

On Dec 7, 2007 9:33 PM, K9 Kai Niggemann <canine at waf80.de> wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2007, at 1:31 PM, Romain Gros wrote:
>
> > What are the limits of Logic8 Express compare to the Logic8 studio
> > (if someone know )?
>
> Hi Romain,
>
> I haven't had a chance to compare Logic 8 Pro to 8 Express, only the
> previous version and that had some strange things.
>
> There is a comparison chart on Apple's website that liste the major
> differences. For me the main gripe was that some commands are not
> available as (configurable) keycommands -- even though the functions
> are in Logic Express' menus. That seemed quite ridiculous to me...
>
> I think the major differences are the plugins, especially the Space
> and Delay designers. Those are absolutely excellent, and if you
> compare the price of Audio Ease's Altiverb to Logic Pro (I hope you
> realized that Logic Pro 8 is only 500EUR these days?), you will find
> that Logic is actually quite a steal...
>
> Also Logic Express can't do surround, so if you need that, you must
> get Pro.
>
> hope this helps...
>
> Kai

Romain Gros