Macbook Logic 8 to replace XP Sonar6

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Dec 7 21:33:32 CET 2007

On Dec 6, 2007, at 1:31 PM, Romain Gros wrote:

> What are the limits of Logic8 Express compare to the Logic8 studio
> (if someone know )?

Hi Romain,

I haven't had a chance to compare Logic 8 Pro to 8 Express, only the
previous version and that had some strange things.

There is a comparison chart on Apple's website that liste the major
differences. For me the main gripe was that some commands are not
available as (configurable) keycommands -- even though the functions
are in Logic Express' menus. That seemed quite ridiculous to me...

I think the major differences are the plugins, especially the Space
and Delay designers. Those are absolutely excellent, and if you
compare the price of Audio Ease's Altiverb to Logic Pro (I hope you
realized that Logic Pro 8 is only 500EUR these days?), you will find
that Logic is actually quite a steal...

Also Logic Express can't do surround, so if you need that, you must
get Pro.

hope this helps...

Kai