Sound Synthesis

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 29 18:16:03 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 05:58:37PM +0200, Gorman, Declan wrote:

> I have a Yamaha AN1x but what sparked this recent interest is that I
> have been considering buying an Elektron Monomachine and for that price
> I want to know that I won't be overwhelmed with the sound design of the
> 5 different forms of synthesis that it has.

The Mono has a subtractive architecture.  You should totally
get it; I rate it was one of the best synths I've used, and it's
an ideal platform for learning about synthesis.

+ Classical analogue synthesism esp via the superwave
+ FM, via the easily understood, limited {but musically
useful} FM machines.
+ FX chains, which are important, but frequently ignored
+ Clock and sequence-based modulations via LFOs and the
sequencer

--
Yours,
Niall.