Daniel Hansson

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 27 23:20:36 CEST 2007

Jay Vaughan wrote:
> On Aug 27, 2007, at 10:22 PM, punkdISCO wrote:
>> Yeah, this is sad news.  A great company who have been responsible
>> for some
>> innovative music over the last decade..
>>

> oh man, i met him last time i was at NAMM, and had a great laugh with
> him about some of the other 'synth gurus' passion for shitty fast
> expensive cars, so this is very weird news ..
>
> RIP, Daniel.  you truly rocked.

As I understand it, this guy, now departed, actually knew how to
innovate decent algorithms, rather than just recode the same old ....
(am I right in thinking he did that really good implementation of the
SID filter? there is only one other well-coded distorting synth filter
on the market, and that's in the Korg Legacy MS20).

So Jay, if you found this guy fun to be around, it may have been because
he knew his stuff, and didn't need to prove it with a primadonna attitude.

One of the few who knew how to push the code has departed. And not only
push the code, but the product too, which is something.

Tony (HB)