New gear (Beware of GAS)

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Aug 25 19:29:33 CEST 2007

Mikael Hansson wrote:
> You can read about it in this thread. Look for messages from Dave Bryce
> which works for DSI.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2rdqku

Wow. Great link!

Answers any questions I had, and includes details on the oscillator
design which Paul was interested in (me also). I don't think this breaks
any records for innovation. What DS is able to do, which others aren't
so easily, is apply a huge amount of intuition-fuelled experience to
choosing which kinds of compromise are to be made, based (in this case)
on sonic aesthetics (clearly not on interface design). There's also the
recent history of Evolver, which (by company reputation) is what makes
this product possible.

Yup. Business and art are two different things :)

Tony (HB)