Bioshock

Peter Korsten EMAIL_HIDDEN
Fri Aug 24 18:30:05 CEST 2007

So, has anybody bought/played this game yet? My 6800 GT finally stopped
working properly (the same problem as last time, but now burning a new
ROM image didn't work) and I was, eh, forced to buy an 8800 GTS 320 MB. :)

Then, by chance, I found out about the demo of Bioshock, and discovered
that 320 MB video memory is not enough to play this game in full detail.
So the texture detail had to go back to 'medium', because less than 1
frame per second is not fun, and now it's running smooth at 1280x960 pixels.

It's quite an interesting game. It gets the same meta-score (96%) as
Half-Life 2, which is saying something. The design, all Art Deco, is
gorgeous, and what I gather from the evolving storyline is interesting
as well.

800 MB downloaded, 7200 MB to go...

- Peter