Yamaha SEQTRAK

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 18:35:28 CET 2024

So, anyone got one yet?  I had a bit of a play with one today, couldn’t resist, put my Yamaha Fanboix Hat on, and noodled around for a few hours .. its honestly such a no-brainer product, its just sort of lame that we didn’t have it twenty years previously - Yamaha absolutely could have made it, they’ve had the components all this time .. but I guess we needed Teenage Engineering to show the way, open the door for the whimsy and superfluous, and wait .. wait .. until Yamaha came along, threw out all the nonsense of TE, and supplanted it with the staid, cold, hard, delightfully creative plethora of tools that only Yamaha seems to have been able to cobble together, for some reason .. well, the SEQTRAK feels fun, probably would be nicely paired with an OP-1 or a MicroFreak, and I had an hour of fun playing with it just like my first OOBE with the Yamaha SY-85, back in the 80’s.  Won’t get one though, Yamaha (and TE) have a long, long way to go to catch up with 1010Music and Synthstrom, lol ..

j.
—
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com