Busses - Daw Workflow

Romain Xavier xtechcode at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 13:10:06 CEST 2020

Hello everyone !

I am trying to find out the best ultimate way to use busses in my music workflow.
My goal is to have a Template/setup where I won t need to add any busses at all (in theory).

Also my wish is to keep the same busses organisation for composing and mixing (to stay organized as possible).

In Logic X, I can put till 12 Busses in total on a track or group of tracks.

In general I am working with 6 groups going to a Pre-Master:

- Vox Group
- Drums Group
- Synths Group
- Guitars Group
- Bass Low Group
- Others Group

 After thinking for a while, and observing what I need in general, I guess my needs are something like below ;

For the tracks in - Vox Group
Bus 1 : Reverb
Bus 2 : Delay
Bus 3 : To Input for MI Clouds (out of the box)
Bus 4 : To Input for ReAmp (out of the box)
Bus 5 : // Compression
Bus 6 : // Saturation
Bus 7 : Glue Reverb

For the tracks in - Synths Group
Bus 1 : Reverb
Bus 2 : Delay
Bus 3 : To Input for MI Clouds (out of the box)
Bus 4 : To Input for ReAmp (out of the box)
Bus 5 : // Compression
Bus 6 : // Saturation
Bus 7 : Glue Reverb

For the tracks in - Others Group
Bus 1 : Reverb
Bus 2 : Delay
Bus 3 : To Input for MI Clouds (out of the box)
Bus 4 : To Input for ReAmp (out of the box)
Bus 5 : // Compression
Bus 6 : // Saturation
Bus 7 : Glue Reverb

For the tracks in - Bass Group

--

Guitars and Drums groups have are a bit different .

For the tracks in - Guitars Group
Bus 1 : Reverb 1 Type 1  (pan Left)
Bus 2 : Reverb 2 Type 2  (pan Right)
Bus 3 : To Input for MI Clouds (out of the box)
Bus 4 : Delay 1  Type 1
Bus 5 : Delay 2  Type 2
Bus 6 : Delay 3  Type 3
Bus 7 : To Input for ReAmp (out of the box)
Bus 8 : // Compression
Bus 9 : // Saturation
Bus 10 : Glue Reverb

For the tracks in - Drums Group
Bus 1 : Reverb 1 Type 1 (gate)
Bus 2 : Reverb 2 Type 2  (short/long)
Bus 3 : To Input for MI Clouds (out of the box)
Bus 4 : Delay 1  Type 1
Bus 5 : Delay 2  Type 2
Bus 6 : Delay 3  Type 3
Bus 7 : To Input for ReAmp (out of the box)
Bus 8 : // Compression
Bus 9 : // Saturation
Bus 10: Glue Reverb

——

Just wanted to share this info with you guys :)

Inputs or advice are welcome :P

Regards,

Romain