Live 11

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Tue Nov 10 22:51:02 CET 2020

On 10 Nov 2020, at 21:52, Tony Scharf <tony.scharf at outlook.com> wrote:

> I’d use it a LOT with my eurorack.   Currently, I tend to record a very long performance and then comp together using clips and/or flying the tracks into Reason (which has comping).   Being able to take a whole bunch of passes in lanes, and then comp bits together right in live would be a huge workflow improvement.

That is actually very interesting… what I’m currently doing is having all these hardware synthesizers MIDI clocked & in sync… it’s quite nice. Some of them sequencing & arping, and then I go to any set of keys to play some noodles or chords on top of it.

I was trying to ‘expand’ my MIDI interface with looping capabilities (ALSA MIDI on Linux -> AMT-8). Goal, to be able to play a short sequence or set of chords and have them on repeat, MIDI synced (using footswitches to trigger start/stop points). But perhaps just recoding these tracks and then reassembling it in Ableton is also a good way to go.

Or actually, both… so the playing live effect is there but also it can be easily disassembled and edited into a proper track, hmmm…

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL