PC Backup software?

Kai Niggemann canine at waf80.de
Thu May 28 15:56:25 CEST 2020

Hi everyone,

since you all know I am oblivious to the advantages of a Windows PC, I know nothing about what people use for backups. ;)

I am writing an introduction to Backup concepts and need some pointers for PC users.

On the Mac I am using a combination of two softwares, one is the built in time machine that does a great job of backing up the internal drive and Carbon Copy Cloner that is a scriptable app that starts a backup everytime when both drives (can be internal or external) become visible (mounted). Both programs are easy to use, widely adapted and robust when it comes to reverting to a backup. What do you use on your Windows PC?

Thanks for any help!
Kai