Hydrasynth: ordered

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Wed May 27 14:44:45 CEST 2020

> I played one at Knobcon.  Very nearly the perfect synthesizer, and certainly intuitive to use.

It was the one prototype synthesiser I saw at Superbooth in Berlin last year that caught my interest.  So many other synths just leave me ‘meh, I can do that already’ - this one pushed my performance buttons in all the right ways.  Freakin’ ribbon controller man, it got me good.

Also the REMINDER thingy, which is still just a bonkers concept that I really enjoyed playing with, but probably something I can emulate in VCV Rack easily enough...

> The only mark I could hold against it was the LFO’s couldn’t go into audio rates (but they they may have fixed that by now..it was very early in their production when I played one).

Yeah, I will find out about that pretty soon.

> Desktop or keyboard version?

Keyboard version.  Can’t resist the Polyphonic Aftertouch and ribbon controller ..

Anyway its not mine, but as the resident synth nerd at Sky, I’ll be playing with it.  A lot.  And probably selling a ton of other gear ..

j.