Roland Cloud

Ibi Sum ibisum at gmail.com
Tue May 26 23:08:14 CEST 2020

We seem to have been bitten by the UAD bug at Sky Studio lately... just ordered two more Satellite TB3 boxes, maxing out the DSP count in the main DAW .. and probably won’t be buying much here else but UAD plug-ins for it going forward.. I have been having fun with the Apollo interface and Luna... its amazing what you can do with the platform as a whole. For the last week I’ve been trying to use only Luna, Shape, the piano modeling engine and the Moog engine.. and it’s definitely a lot of power. I could easily see a whole production in just this alone.

But I have to say, cloud-based plugins and synths just seems so whack. Imho, this always-connected to the internet mentality is balls, and I hate it.  Is it really worth the investment in Roland sounds to put up with that? Fair enough if you’ve got the connectivity, but what is the world coming to when kids accept this kind of intrusion into their creative processes, hmmm...

Still, sure is fun to be making music these days.  We did have a conversation about whether Sky might invest in a Hydra AND Argon8 next.. and maybe a Sequential Prophet too, sheesh.  I’ll hardly leave the place when that happens...

;
--
seclorum