USB whine through one monitor speaker

Michael Zacherl mubar05 at blauwurf.at
Sun May 24 19:49:19 CEST 2020

well, yes and no. A good audio interface should “clean up” (i.e. by electronic filtering) the supply lines, do decoupling etc.
There’s a reason why for instance RME avoided implementing USB interfaces for so long.
But then again, I also encountered dirty FW400 connections on MOTU interfaces as well. So ymmv.
Mixed signal electronics always is challenging.
I never had a problem with the Komplete Audio 6 using line signals.
Apparently they are hot enough.
But the USB-dirt somehow makes it to the audio path of the pre-amps.
Will have to investigate.
And I agree, Joost’s problem sounds like that.