Windows 10 DAW Woes

Declan Gorman declan at degomusic.net
Sat Mar 14 17:05:23 CET 2020

Hey Guys,
   I recently upgraded the OS of my DAW to Windows 10, from Windows 7,
and it is driving me nuts  I was wondering if anybody had any tuning
tips or know of any good online resources.

   My CPU is a 3.60 GHz Intel i7 with 12 GB RAM and the OS is installed
on a 120GB SSD drive and there are two other SSD drives in the tower
unit.  I will add some more RAM shortly but I don't think that is the
issue and I have made some changes to the power options which have
helped somewhat.

   My main issues are with audio crackling and CPU spikes and they occur
with Ableton Live 10.1.9 and Maschine 2.10.0. My audio interface is a
T.C. Electronics StudioKonnekt 48 and I have tried the ASIO4All drivers
as well as the native drivers but nothing.

   So, does anybody have any pearls of wisdom to share?  I would really
appreciate it.

Declan.