MC-707

Tony Scharf tony.scharf at outlook.com
Mon Aug 24 17:43:27 CEST 2020

I’m very curious about Zen-Core, but I don’t have enough information on it yet.  I’m waiting till the full version is released before I really consider digging into it.   I’m also concerned how long Roland will stick with such a thing.   Their track record for staying the course has not been very good.

As to the 707, i’ve only heard good things about it.   My only real issue is that its sample memory is small relative to what I do with my Akai MPC and Force (I do a lot of work with very long samples, so having 400mb or more per project is not unusual).   I don’t think the 707 supports streaming from SD (yet).

I’ve considered getting one to displace the TR8S, but I don’t think it would be a simple swap.  The TR8S is so brilliantly simple to use and fun to play.

Tony