This weeks Behringer synth announcement

James Coplin james at ticalun.net
Tue Aug 11 20:23:35 CEST 2020

I have a PPG 2.3 and you would have to storm my studio armed with weapons and mooks to get it away from me. It is the spookiest, most unique sounding synth in my studio.

There are decent enough emulations, the Waldorf stuff, especially the first microwave, and Synthtech's E370 loaded with PPG waves gets pretty close, but none of them have the character and grit of the real deal. If it came in a small tabletop unit, and "fixed" some of the features I'd be all over it.

Sadly, Behringer has pretty much fell flat on their faces with every one of their clones so I dont see that happening. I'm not even a Behringer hater, I just wish they would bother to get it right and not be so hide bound by insisting on keeping bad design features that don't make any sense  - like reissuing the Moog Series 55 with s-trig.

James