Favorite Multitimbral Rack Synth?

Tony Scharf tony.scharf at outlook.com
Wed Aug 5 18:13:36 CEST 2020

There seems to be a sort of renaissance happening with some of the old S+S rack synths.  Because almost everything has gone mono-timbral with low polyphony at the same time ‘dawless’ jams have become popular, these old boxes are finding new life.  The orbits have a reputation that keeps their prices afloat.

I had a TR Rack.  I’d advise against it, since it had issues in it’s OS that never got addressed (saving/loading of samples…though maybe you don’t care).

Tony