Muteqx 40th birthday live streaming

Dave S dave.silvester at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 19:47:35 CEST 2020

On 12/04/2020 09:59, Ibi Sum wrote:
> Damn I missed it.  What about doing this regularly anyway?

Ahh yeah, it almost didn't happen due to technical difficulties... I
wanted to stream video but it wasn't playing ball. In the end settled on
Icecast streaming and I'm really glad I did... concentrate on the audio
and forget about live video for now.

So for those who missed it last night, here's a few minutes shy of five
hours of improvised live techno, electronica, d&b and more... streamed
direct from my room. An almost solo birthday party for my 40th yesterday
(Katy came and hung out for a bit), with a lovely amount of energy
coming from the online listeners. Thanks for listening in, those who
did... and more of this will be coming over the following month and beyond!

Maybe even another set later tonight, since it's all set up and working
now...? Yes... no!?!?

Equipment used:
Korg Electribes ER-1, EA-1, ES-1
Yamaha AN1x
Spirit Folio SX mixer
Yamaha REV-100
Danelectro Reel Echo
Zoom 506II Bass FX pedal
2x DBX 266xs compressors
Shure SM58

Listen here:

https://www.mixcloud.com/david_john/muteqx-unrehearsed-electronic-cacophony-40th-birthday-live-set-stream-april-11th-2020/

You can also download / stream (possibly quicker?) from here:

http://madeofsound.co.uk/audio/muteqx-40th-liveset.mp3

I would love to hear your comments... overall it was just super fun to
do and the best possible party I could have in isolation from my friends.

I hope all 'barians out there are keeping OK and finding this time
creatively inspiring?

See you soon,

~Dave