Videoconference mic?

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Mon Apr 6 21:23:56 CEST 2020

Currently using a SM58 on a Blue mike stand. Sounds good, but the proximity effect is a bit annoying. Even with lots of compression the levels (or just impression of volume) vary a lot if I move my speaking position, which I tend to do a lot.

It does sound better than my built in microphone on my LG displays. However those mikes have a much more omni directional sound, which works better whilst in a chat.

So I’m looking for something that I could mount near my displays and that is able to capture the sound naturally. With higher quality. Currently looking at video/shotgun microphones, like the Rode video micro.

Another option would be a lavalier microphone. But what’s annoying about those Is that they will make me unable to simply get off my desk when I wanna walk around.

Any suggestions? :)

Sent from my iPhone