WIP - Song for Gert

tom adam tom.adam at thebigear.be
Wed Sep 4 20:46:30 CEST 2019

Last weekend attached picture popped up on my screensaver and I thought
a long while about Gert...

I took the picture and used some free program to turn it into a wave
file and than started messing about to get a nice wavetable for the
quantum and the E352.
I ended up with a couple of nice wavetables and started to build some
patches with them, before I knew it I was actually working on a song.

The intro was the first patch I made on the quantum with Gert's
wavetable, roughly recorded, and decided to keep it this way.
The second part uses 2 other patches from the Quantum with Gert's
wavetable, drums are from live and the bass-line is from the modular,
with the E352 with another Gert wavetable as sound source.
It could still need some attention on the drum sequencing and mastering...

It was fun to do, and although, my music will never reach the level of
Gerts music, I think he would have liked it.
I didn't intend to post the track initially, as I've never been too
involved with the music bar, and I only met Gert one time, but I hope
this could be a starting point for all of you to make a track for Gert.
I'm sure he would have appreciated it!

Cheers,

ToAd

http://thebigear.be/onewebmedia/gerts%20song.mp3