Gert

deeplfo deeplfo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 06:54:15 CET 2019

 I'm up for a Wales bar-jam :-)  (For Gert)
Mohsen

    On Thursday, March 21, 2019, 7:37:09 PM PDT, Dave S <dave.silvester at gmail.com> wrote:

 Hey everyone,
I'm really sad to hear about Gert.
How time flies - I think it's 16 years since we met, though we haven't been in touch much for the last few.
Gert was always kind to me, particularly during my ranty mid 20s, when for some reason I felt particularly attached to my well-meant but often obnoxiously-expressed views. His patience and wisdom on Music Bar (and in real life) helped me find a better way to be in the world and I never quite realised how much he was a part of that process until just now.
Never underestimate the impact of kindness, even by email!
I'm glad we hung out and made music quite a few times. I still have recordings of it somewhere. You could always hear Gert's bits... often the monosynth lead lines over whatever chaos was going on underneath.
I loved his sense of humour, and the booming voice to end all booming voices... great combination. It's amazing how many things become instantly hilarious when said in a booming voice! "Num nums"... heheheh!
I regret not staying in touch more... it would have been great to see each other again after so much time. Damn.
For now I'm shocked and sad.
Love to all 'barians... those I've met, those I haven't met, and those I haven't even spoken to yet. I miss you, and social media ain't got nothing on Music Bar.
So instead of returning to lurking, I will now officially un-lurk and see you here again!
But I wish Gert was still around, won't be quite the same.
Jam session in Wales, anyone? I'm pretty desperate for one and there is lots of opportunity for it this year, as well as the means. So it could well happen!
Galactic Emperor, gentle giant... RIP Gert. (You rock, dude!)
~Dave

Listen to Music-Bar Radio! <http://www.music-bar.org/radio.html>