Moog matriarch vs subsequent 37

Michael Zacherl mubar05 at blauwurf.at
Thu Jun 20 15:32:42 CEST 2019

> On 19 Jun 2019, at 21:22, tom adam <tom.adam at thebigear.be> wrote:
>

> On 19/06/2019 05:59, Michael Zacherl wrote:
>>
>> It’s a small 20U MOTM-format system, mostly with Oakley Systems- and some MOTM modules.
>> Plus some extras like Cynthias’ Zeroscillator.

> I always fancied a zeroscillator. I looks like lots of fun.

yeah, but the implementation is quirky. IMHO there are better Through-Zero VCOs outthere meanwhile.
It was an impulse buy back then, much less money at an "introductory price".

>> I like the Oakley designs most since they come close to their inspirational sources, like Minimoog VCOs, several filters etc.

> I have several oakley modules myself too. I sold the VCO's though over the years and kept the motm310's and a couple of Jurgen haibles living VCO’s.

I got a 300 and a 310. JH’s Living VCOs are still in an unpopulated PCB state.  :(

>>> We were just listening to the sounds samples on the Moog website and some stuff on you tube. Didn't keep track of it actually…
>> oh, pity - IMHO the demos are not all the same (which is good).
>> The Subsequent was interesting because I don’t have a modern analogue with patch storage.

> When I got my P12, I was thinking of getting a Subsequent. It was a difficult decision... But at the end, a mono-synth (or even a paraphonic synth) I can easily make with my modular.

same here. It was rather some GAS attack when the subsequent CV came to, though I like the dark colour scheme of the standard model better.

>> BTW, I got me Arturia’s Pigments when it was on its introductionary offer and I like it a lot!
>> (not what your friend is in the market for)

> No, not what we're looking for ;-) We only use the PC for mixing, sync'ing gear and recording.

good point - Pigment is great for sound design though. YMMV. ;)

m.