Moog matriarch vs subsequent 37

tom adam tom.adam at thebigear.be
Wed Jun 19 21:22:26 CEST 2019

On 19/06/2019 05:59, Michael Zacherl wrote:

> It’s a small 20U MOTM-format system, mostly with Oakley Systems- and some MOTM modules.
> Plus some extras like Cynthias’ Zeroscillator.
I always fancied a zeroscillator. I looks like lots of fun.
> I like the Oakley designs most since they come close to their inspirational sources, like Minimoog VCOs, several filters etc.
I have several oakley modules myself too. I sold the VCO's though over
the years and kept the motm310's and a couple of Jurgen haibles living
VCO's.
>> We were just listening to the sounds samples on the Moog website and some stuff on you tube. Didn't keep track of it actually…
> oh, pity - IMHO the demos are not all the same (which is good).
> The Subsequent was interesting because I don’t have a modern analogue with patch storage.
When I got my P12, I was thinking of getting a Subsequent. It was a
difficult decision... But at the end, a mono-synth (or even a paraphonic
synth) I can easily make with my modular.
> BTW, I got me Arturia’s Pigments when it was on its introductionary offer and I like it a lot!
> (not what your friend is in the market for)
No, not what we're looking for ;-) We only use the PC for mixing,
sync'ing gear and recording.