some non music related news

deeplfo deeplfo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 05:35:01 CEST 2019

 Way to go.
mohsen

    On Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 01:18:29 AM PDT, ToAd <tom.adam at thebigear.be> wrote:

This fell out of the sky yesterday:
Apparently I qualified myself for the European and world championship in 2020 standard distance triathlon.
How crazy is this?

Sunday I participated in the 1/4 triathlon of Kapelle op den Bos, which is a qualifier race. My goal was to reach the finish ;-) Apparently I did better and was top 3 in my age group. Good enough to earn a slot!
SO EK is in estland and WK is in Canada next summer. Let's see if I can make it to one of the events.

As for last sunday:
swimming: 1.5km; 25min, this is slow, but there was a rather persistent negative flow in the stream and wet suits were not allowed.
Bike: 40km in 1h06min. Was OK, the small slopes where killing me.
Running: 10km in 44min, finally a decent run!
My transition times have improved massively. I still need some work on the first minutes of biking and running, I tend to start way to fast.

That's it for now, now recuperation for a couple of days, and than up to the next event (august 3th / 1/8 sprint for fun in wuustwezel!)

Cheers,
ToAd

Listen to Music-Bar Radio! <http://www.music-bar.org/radio.html>