Midi 2

Cyrille Damez cyrille.damez at laposte.net
Fri Feb 8 14:08:55 CET 2019

As far as I understood it was just announced that a new midi consortium
intends to propose a new and improved specification, but they have not
decided on specific features yet and are still collecting external
contributions.
Some of the things I have read may be changed :
- increasing the max number of channels. (I don't think I ever ran out)
- increasing the default bit depth above 8 (for velocity, I don't care,
but for cc messages that would be a meaningful improvement)
Anyway I don't think anyone knows anything for sure. It's still very
much up in the air.