New Module

paula at synth.net paula at synth.net
Sat Apr 13 23:30:37 CEST 2019

Tom,

> Your module seems very nice too! But why do you use a triple voltage
> supply? the 5V is really a killer for me. I would need to add a 5V
> supply to my eurorack, or mod your module to fit into my MOTM format
> modular, and I hate doing that ;-)

For the WTF I sold one to a MOTM user, the extra cost of components and
jumpers to work from a dual supply wasn't worth the cost.

> Another something missing for me is importing wavetables. I have a
> quantix-8 (http://m.bareille.free.fr/modular1/quantix8/quantix8.htm)
> and spend some time in generating some wavetables and 4x16 seem not
> too much  ;-) I know it's not the same as your module does some nice
> tricks with 4 waves at the time, but still, is feels like 'a feature
> less than the E352'...

The simple answer is cost.
You'd need an SDCard slot, or USB, you'd also then need to be able to
read FAT file systems and able to understand a thousand different file
formats for wavetables.
Also, for the original WTF oscillator, only 2 people out the 70+ that
pledged asked about this. so I don't believe there's a high demand for
it.

Also, you can do things with the waveplane oscillator that simply aren't
possible with a wavetable, take a look at the video here -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i3WUCUxTRU

> ach, decisions, decisions.... I probably should get another power-one
> PSU with 5V, but that adds to the bill...

life is about decisions and compromise somewhere, and whilst I do my
best to include everything, it's not always possible or practicable.

Paula