Dreadbox demo

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Mon May 7 13:35:41 CEST 2018

Hey Jay

> Damn this thing looks really, really nice:
> https://ask.audio/articles/dreadbox-polyend-medusa-1stlook-semimodular-
> analog-digital-hybrid-synthesizer-controller

Yeah, that caught my eye also. I think its €1k which takes it out of the "I don’t need it but fuck it, buy it anyway" category.

> Isn't it crazy how explosive the synth market seems these days?  So many
> affordable new options for the budding synthesis enthusiast ..

Its completely nuts!  You can get a complete studio today with very "credible" (whatever that mean) kit for such a small amount of money.

Just like Uber, Behringer have completely changed the game.  Why would anyone want an original vintage synths from the Behringer catalogue when you can get "better" new version of a fraction of the cost.  With the Roland re-issues the purists hold back because they are not analogue but, with Behringer, there's just no compelling reason (morality to one side)..

Good days (I think)   :)

Paul
London
www.facebook.com/punkdiscoUK