Synth-people politics (was Re: SKULPT is live)

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:27:43 CEST 2018

> I've no animosity towards Modal, the tech team has amazing people in it, and it is still "my baby".
> So I don't want them to fail, as I say I wish them the best of luck with it but it's not for me :)

Oh, I feel the same with the folks I’ve worked with, but I do think there has to be a point in ones life where the cutthroat nature of the business is acknowledged.  MI is extremely competitive and the margins are razor thin unless you plan some creative tactical and strategic solutions to survival.  Too often though, those solutions come at a real human cost.

> Paula (amazing the difference being "core happy" with yourself makes to your replies on lists)

Totally.  Very much in agreement with you on this one.

Anyway, I’m happily reconfiguring my studio this weekend to accommodate my new mixer, which has been a long-ass time coming, but is going to make all the difference in the world to my music-making from here on out (Presonus 16.0.2, Firewire version, to go with my FP10’s in the racks) .. and soon there will be a big new modular rig, growing and growing ..

j.