Studio power connections

Ibi Sum ibisum at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 13:11:48 CET 2018

Main thing is, keep audio and power away from each other. If you plan on having a desk somewhere.. run the power along the side of the wall, away from where the audio cables will be.. so establish a power channel/cable route and an audio channel, nowhere near each other, in your plans. Put enough power outlets in places that you know you’ll have racks or a desk or an instrument stand, so that there are no internal power cables running along the floor, and so on. Keep the audio cables separated from power by placing the power outlets, grounded to the house, in properly strategic locations.

Star-system? Only if it minimizes cable lengths.  Otherwise the best is multiple grounded outlets going directly to a short distribution point at the rack/equipment with as little internal cable based power distribution as possible. Don’t serialize power adapters to get power across the room: mega noise source. Better is to have grounded outlets where you need them, and have as short a run to the equipment as possible. With audio cables floating well away from it all.

;
--
seclorum