New track

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 17:17:15 CEST 2017

> On Sep 25, 2017, at 10:50 AM, Mikael Hansson <forums at deadmengods.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> As the others already mentioned, a very nice track. Very clearly mixed!
>
> I’ve only listened on my Beats X but I’m missing some high frequency content, maybe the hh’s are a bit too tamed combined with the snare that also are quite dark.

Yea I actually boosted the highs quite a bit in the master eq, but I think it could be that the actual volume of the hh’s is too low in the mix.

In this third mix attempt I had to really bring up the kick and the snare for everything to sit better once I compressed and limited the master. It’s crazy how you have to overcompensate sometimes in the mix so when you glue with the compressor and try to limit up to current music vol level you don’t lose stuff.

Basically every modern track I was playing as a reference actually pins the red on my UA Apollo output, the rms’s must be like 1-3 or something. This current export is I think 3, I want to take it down to like 5, as stuff just gets too squashed, but then it’s hard to compete with other tracks vol  levels.