New track

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Mon Sep 25 15:06:20 CEST 2017

Op 25-9-2017 om 14:29 schreef Andrew Tarpinian:
> Hey guys, haven’t posted a new track in a while. I signed up for
> the deadmau5 Masterclass a while back just for fun. They have a
> contest where you submit a track and 1st place is 10k and a
> chance for a release on Mau5trap. This track was tough for me
> from a mix/master perspective because there are so many layers
> and especially since I’m still learning. I’m using a combo of
> outboard and plugs. Curious to see what you guys think of this
> version.
>
> https://soundcloud.com/modulargrey/breathe-v03
>
> Thanks,

Hey, Andy,

Very nice track with really great mixing and mastering. The
overall sound is warm, open, balanced, and in no way tiring to
the ears.

Just wondering if the build-up in the beginning could be a bit
more interesting/longer...

The melody lines and the used sounds could perhaps have been a
tad more adventurous.

I'm not too sure about some of the pitch bend effects, although
others are great and fit very well.

Oh, well. Perhaps that's all just nitpicking.

All in all, I am impressed with the overall quality. Must have
been great to do that masterclass. Hope you win the 10k :-)

Cheers,

--
Gert

gert van santen