IEEE 1394/FireWire/iLink woes

Ibi Sum ibisum at gmail.com
Sat May 27 09:40:01 CEST 2017

Boot a Linux system (UbuntuStudio USB drive) and use Jack/Ardour to enumerate the 1394 interface and confirm that the physical layer is working - Linux support for 1394 AV devices is superlative and it should be a matter of configuring Jack for FireWire and then seeing devices.

Then when confirmed, blow away your windows junk and install a Linux DAW. :)

Just kidding. But yeah you can verify operation using a Linux bootable. I have a great 1394-based Linux DAW setup, it just works. Should be the same for your rig too.

;
--
seclorum